imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 09:26:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Shootin' The Breeze Thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shootin' The Breeze Thread  (Read 18837 times)
marguerite

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:30 am »

Hi yall,
 I figured I would give you an update on our devastation from "IKE".
Hubby and I are still living in Fema trailer (on our property in the front yard of our house) thankful to have this!
The curbs in this town are still cluttered with furniture, carpet, clothes and appliances.
Thank God we had flood insurance. So many people in our town were always advised that it wasn't needed.. (we are 5 feet above sea level)
Our house has been gutted out about 5 feet. The stench of the furniture and in the house was terrible.
All my clothes were ruined. I am looking at the bright side of this. We are having new sinks, tubs,countertops,floors and any changes we want to make (within reason).
I am changing our old white appliances for stainless steel ones. The only thing we have to buy is the fridge.
There is a video on U Tube of our neighborhood. It shows our house as they are driving through the sludge. If I was computer literate, I could post a link to it, but not that smart with computers.
Hope everyone has a good day and love the new site here!

lol ...I had to come back and edit this cuz I wrote 5 miles above sea level
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:07:13 am by marguerite » Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 10:38:01 pm »

I've got to say, I've always been impressed with how you look for the positive in things, Marguerite.  Have you had a chance to pick out any of the new things yet?
Report Spam   Logged
marguerite

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 10:13:15 am »

Thanks Lynn!
My hubby and grown son both tell me that if you always believe in the best that you will be let down and disappointed and that if you expect the worst, it's gotta turn out better. I beg to differ. I believe that if you speak positive and think that way, it will come true.

No, I haven't got to pick out the new fixtures or floors yet. I do know that I am switching from brass doorknobs,ceiling fans and light fixtures to brushed silver. (same price). The brass seems to look tarnished and this house was just built in 2004.
I know I am addicted to watching HGTV. Love to see the different things that people can do for less expensive prices. Even landscaping!
Report Spam   Logged
DebbieMartin48

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2009, 10:16:43 am »

Yeah  Carey you are a inspiration for me...I  look at the angel I have on my shelf in the bedroom and I think it watches over me....I hope the house gets back in  shape soon and it sounds like it is well on its way....
Hugs.... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
marguerite

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2009, 07:48:02 pm »

Awwww shucks...< blushing> Thanks Deb and Lynn!

Made my day to hear yall say these things about me.
Deb, I lost my angel in the flooding, but certainly do remember it. Glad she is watching over you.
((((Paws))) had one too. I still find it hard to believe she is gone.
Hope your weather situation improves.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2009, 09:22:01 pm »

The one thing I would change about this site if I could is that the threads would open to the last page that has been posted.  For instance, page 3 would just open on this thread, rather than page 1.  Some other things I really like a lot tho like the ability to preview threads, and how easy it is to jump to another area like general or off-topic. 
Report Spam   Logged
DebbieMartin48

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2009, 11:16:40 pm »

yeah I know Carey  its hard I miss her....
I love my angel  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 05:54:25 pm »

Being able to set up polls on this site is quite a nice advantage, too. 
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 07:25:06 pm »

This site rocks.  Thanks again a million times Lynn for setting it up. 

Today was cold as heck.  I hate the cold weather, ready for summer.  The grass is all blucky and dead, no trees or pretty flowers, I get the blahs in the winter. 

One more weekend day, they seem to go by so quick.  I have 2 days off next week, getting things straight with my son and trying to get moved too. The only bad thing about the move, no cable or satellite tv, will be to poor for that.

Happy Saturday nite Y&R fans  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Rose

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 07:31:55 pm »

OK.  I just figured out I could click on page 3 from the start.  It finally jumped out and hit me over the head.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »

Rose, dont feel bad, I just figured it out too.  Gosh, what a day I am having (lol)
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »

I hope your move goes smoothly, Charlene!
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 03:44:10 pm »

Thanks Lynn, trying to find a place that wont take every cent I have.  It is a no too good of a move deal, my hubby and I are splitting and I am moving out.  Not sad about it, long time coming (if you know what I mean)
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 05:47:28 pm »

Moving fees sure add up, don't they?  Are you moving locally (staying in the same town)?
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 05:56:00 pm »

Trying to stay locally.  It is crazy, application fees, one time fees etc.  It all adds up.  I need to get looking in the next couple days. 
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum