imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 16, 2024, 03:05:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Peanut Gallery (June 2008)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peanut Gallery (June 2008)  (Read 293 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: November 07, 2008, 05:23:04 pm »

(June 2008)

Peanut Gallery

Thank you to Rose... this month's guest columnist!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why Watch Y&R?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently the ratings for Y&R have dropped greatly, and some of us long-time viewers are inclined to complain about dropped storylines and really get irate when we seem to know more about the history of the show than the current writers know.  Thinking about all this made me wonder, why do I still tape Y&R and watch it faithfully?

Y&R has great actors!  The third anniversary of Cassie’s death brought Nikki and Victor together again in a hand-holding, heart-stopping moment.  Those few moments showed the great chemistry between Victor and Nikki and gave us hope that they will find their way back to each other.

Another great moment was given to us by Nicholas Newman when he remembered Cassie’s death.  No other man on daytime TV can shed tears like Nicholas Newman and still capture our hearts as one big, handsome hunk of manly man!  Hey, who wouldn’t want to be swept off their feet by Nicholas Newman?!

Then we have the direct opposite character of David Chow.  David’s night of gum-chewing, high adrenaline gambling at the poker table was a classic.  I have no doubt David is a gambling addict, and I can’t wait to see him crash and burn. 

Next there’s the foolish Gloria Fisher Abbott Bardwell Bardwell.  While the events leading up to Gloria losing all her money, home, and job were rather poorly written, Gloria stole the show with her heartbroken, hysterical performance upon losing it all.  How could anyone not feel sorry for this aging woman who just lost everything?!

There’s no character better than Jack Abbott when it comes to wearing his heart on his sleeve.  I’m still waiting to see if Jack can become the patriarch of the Abbott family reminiscent of his father, John.  Jack just took a step in that direction by softening his heart towards Gloria.

Even the newer characters are quite entertaining.  Amber brightens Katherine’s life and can certainly learn from her!  Adam and Heather may have jumped into bed awfully fast, but they are bright and beautiful.  I can’t wait to see Adam bring Heather home to dear old dad!  After all, Heather did try to put dear old dad, Victor, in prison!  One more new face worth mentioning is the diabolical Chloe.  If you love to hate Chloe, then she has done one fine acting job! 

You notice I have not even mentioned my favorites—Michael Baldwin and Kevin Fisher.  If they are only on for one minute, then Y&R is worth watching! 

Feel free to post your reactions to "Comments From The Peanut Gallery" on our message board.  This column does not reflect the creative views of Y&R, Sony-Television, or CBS-Television and is written strictly as seen through the eyes of our guest columnist.  Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. ©
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum