imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 07:23:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Victor Newman Appreciation Thread

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor Newman Appreciation Thread  (Read 1213 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: December 24, 2008, 01:15:03 pm »

(This thread will be bookmarked on our "Fine Threads" page so it can be found easily.)

If you are a fan of Victor Newman, this is the thread for you!  Feel free to share reasons why you like the character, pictures, etc.   (Thanks to Morningskye for starting the idea with her Jack Abbott Appreciation thread!)  Let the Victor Newman celebration begin!

Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 09:39:29 am »

I love Victor, he is so smooth and handsome.  He kinda reminds me of my dad as far as looks and certain features. 

Victor is a caring person, even though at times he does not show it.  He is a family man, loves work and success. 

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Rose

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:47:15 pm »

Fine performance by Victor today!  He is at his best when showing emotion; today it was anger.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:30 pm »

Don't you love to hate Victor???!!!  Awesome performance by Eric Braedon today!  The magnificent controlling Victor Newman is about to lose Nikki again, but what the heck, she's supposed to understand this meglamaniac!!!    Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
marguerite

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 03:40:56 pm »

Bravo!!!!! Such a charismatic man!!!
Victor knows just how to look at a woman and make them feel there is no-one on earth besides them.
Eric Braden is "The Young and Restless".
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:47 pm »

I'm not a fan of Victor Newman and in all honestly don't think there is one redeqming quality about this character. He's narcissistic. He's a misogynist. He'll do anything to destroy his children's lives if they don't do what he wants them to and in the very next breath declare how much he loves them. The man will destroy those he loves in the name of love. Nope, not a fan of Victor Newman.

Btw...I'm talking about the character, so don't bash me. I don't know much about Eric Braeden. I've been on soap boards where people have trouble distinguishing the difference between characters and the actor. Imagine that. lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:13:16 pm by FeistyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged
Nina C.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:36:56 pm »

Appreciate Victor - ??. He does love to control people and get his own way.

Eric - he is doing a wonderful job being Victor the *jerk*
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

I'm not a fan of Victor Newman and in all honestly don't think there is one demeaning quality about this character. He's narcissistic. He's a misogynist. He'll do anything to destroy his children's lives if they don't do what he wants them to and in the very next breath declare how much he loves them. The man will destroy those he loves in the name of love. Nope, not a fan of Victor Newman.

Btw...I'm talking about the character, so don't bash me. I don't know much about Eric Braeden. I've been on soap boards where people have trouble distinguishing the difference between characters and the actor. Imagine that. lol

Which means Eric Braedon is doing an awesome acting job to make you feel that way!!!
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

I'm not a fan of Victor Newman and in all honestly don't think there is one demeaning quality about this character. He's narcissistic. He's a misogynist. He'll do anything to destroy his children's lives if they don't do what he wants them to and in the very next breath declare how much he loves them. The man will destroy those he loves in the name of love. Nope, not a fan of Victor Newman.

Which means Eric Braedon is doing an awesome acting job to make you feel that way!!!

Agreed! If I'm to the point of wanting to jump through the screen to smack someone then the actor is doing their job. lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:15:04 pm by FeistyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 03:05:17 pm »

Fine performance today by Victor Newman!  Very nice to see him re-evaluating his life after losing everything.  Nice to see him realizing Nikki is his true love. 
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 12:02:46 am »

I think Victor stole the show today!  Outstanding work!
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »

Tuesday, March 1, 2016--Awesome performance by Victor today!!!  I don't know if he was faking a heart problem or if he was trying to stay out of jail, but he definitely was stressed!!!  I'd hate to have him shouting at me!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 09:09:49 pm »

He knocked it out of the park today!  He looked absolutely devastated when Victoria handed over the evidence to the police, like she had just betrayed him to the core.  I have no idea if he faked the heart problem, either... but it was scary good!  And those defense mechanisms coming out as he shouted for everyone to get out, that he doesn't need anyone... it's like he reverted back to that orphaned child trying to make it on his own.  (Can't wait for tomorrow's episode with the Robert Frost poem we saw in the previews!  But I'm stuck working 12 hours per day Wed. and Thurs., so I might have to watch those episodes on Friday instead.  Boo!)
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 02:07:47 pm »

More excellent performances by Victor this week--I totally believed he woke up in terrible pain in the hospital.  I also feel his bitterness towards his family, especially towards his wife.   
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 04:29:08 pm »

Victor is knocking it out of the park again after his almost losing his life and suffering a stroke.  He looks like a sick, old man in that wheelchair; and even his face looks like he might have had a stroke.  Then when Victor discussed hearing Nick fighting for him in the hospital so they wouldn't turn off the machines and he cried brokenly, oh my gosh, it was so real!  Great acting by Victor/Eric!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum