imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 05:09:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Public Service Stories

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Service Stories  (Read 1856 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: December 24, 2008, 04:52:14 pm »

Y&R has a history of public service messages.  Should we keep track of them for the year, 2009?
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 03:08:30 pm »

Feeding America Fundraiser sl.  The National Produce Program teamed up with V-8 to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to local food banks.  Slogan is "Make Every Serving Count."  The fundraising took place at Crimson Lights over Christmas, 2008/New Year's, 2009.  We've seen Kevin, Jana, Lily, Billy, Devon and Colleen involved with others contributing.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 08:15:46 pm »

Lyme Disease--We finally found out that Katherine's memory loss was caused by Lyme Disease, and they confirmed it by a blood test.  She did not remember being bitten by a tick, but Brock recognized her symptoms.  Today was the first time I heard her mention she had joint pain, too.
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »

Not sure if this counts, but what Sharon is going through, anxiety/depression.  That is kinda, isn't it???
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
moll_landry

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:37:12 pm »

Kathrine has me wondering where she got bit by a tick??

Did she come down here to help Brock in New Orleans??

I'm sure after Katrina, they had a lot of ticks over there with the 12 feet of water in the city and all that. (We went to New Orleans after Katrina, and they had a dirty line about 12 feet in the air on the building, and the national guard man said that was the water line. Wow!)

I know after Gustav, we spent a night in our tent, and Charlie, who was a week short of a year old had misquito bites all over his body. We got a generator after that night! LOL!
Report Spam   Logged
UGA_Jenny

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:49:29 am »

I don't recall her ever going to New Orleans -- but deer ticks are active in pretty much all areas of the country from spring until late fall.  Without a dog or another animal to bring one in the house, it's not the most likely scenario for Kay, but I'll buy it.     
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »

Today Kay said she liked to take walks on the grounds at her mansion, so I guess she does get outside!  Re Sharon:  I guess it depends if they actually address her mental health, or if they just make her a slut.    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Wisconsingal

til Brett retires!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:31:25 pm »

You don't have to be out in the country to be bitten by a tick, they tend to jump on animals/people, and "go for a ride", and jump off whenever they choose.
Here in Wisconsin, tick bites are numerous, and even being around a pet that has been outdoors can be dangerous, as we detick our dogs, cats, etc., regularly, so wouldn't surprise me a bit where Katherine might have gotten this bite. 
I got the bite with the bullseye, just walking in my backyard, and the tick buried itself under my sock, and I found it too late, the deed was already done at that time.
Lyme disease is a terrible thing, not only aggravates existing diseases, but can make you wish you were dead sometimes, rather than trying to cure the symptoms.  It is a vicious sneaky disease.
Report Spam   Logged

Have a great day?
Wisconsingal
Rose

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 03:17:00 pm »

Nick found Eden and Noah together in a compromising position.  At the end of the show he gave a public service recommendation for talkingwithkids.org for help on talking with your kids about sex and other tough issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »

Here's a link to Christel Khalil Hensley's (Lily's) ovarian cancer PSA.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 03:55:57 pm »

Organ and tissue donation--You can go to www.donatelife.net to learn how you can be a donor in your state.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 11:07:54 am »

May 13, 2011--After Abby's drunken driving today, she made a public service announcement about drunken driving and MADD.
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »

September, 2011--Chloe made public service announcements about being a bone marrow donor due to Delia's leukemia sl.  She recommended the National Donor Program at bethematch.org
Report Spam   Logged
soapoperafan_5

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 10:49:45 pm »

have they not done any since?
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:34 pm »

Did "Michael" ever do one about prostate cancer screenings?  Other than that, I can't think of any.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum