imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 29, 2024, 03:40:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Sharon/Jack Spoiler Article

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharon/Jack Spoiler Article  (Read 233 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:48 am »

From the January 13, 2009 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 6):

Y&R's Sharon Dumps Jack

For months, Sharon has been putting up with Jack's lying and scheming, but she's finally had enough when her husband reveals the entire truth about what he's been up to.

Prior to getting the story, Sharon still believes Jack's lie about having a sex addiction.  She tries to help by suggesting he see a therapist.  "Jack is hopeful that he and Sharon can work things out," chuckles portrayer Peter Bergman.  "Sharon then asks how his 'problem' is going and for a minute, he forgets that he's supposed to be a sex addict!  She then tells him she knows this woman he should see.  Jack is doing his best to get around it, but she's quite insistent.  So Jack gives in and Sharon calls this person.  While Sharon goes to get coffee, he goes online to read up on sex addiction so he can keep this stupid ruse going [laughs].  He hates that he started it in the first place, and that he now has to keep it going."

Once the therapist arrives, "She's lovely and really wants to help, but it's beyond awkward for him," says Bergman.  "She asks if he feels he made a mistake.  Jack then says, 'I don't need this.'  Sharon is upset and says he's in denial.  But then he's like, 'I lied to you about this, too.'  Sharon can't understand why he'd make up having this humiliating addiction, but he tells her, 'The truth is much worse.' "

Jack then fills her in about how he went to the motel with Adam so they could work on forging Victor's diary.  Needless to say, Sharon is furious and blows up at him.  "She says she's filing for divorce and off she goes," sighs Bergman.  "You figured Jack would have learned his lesson about lying over the years, but the truth sometimes gets in Jack's way."

Both Bergman and Sharon Case (Sharon) are disappointed to see their characters' pairing come to an end.  "I liked thier marriage a lot," says Case.  "I loved working with Peter, and I appreciated the way their marriage was written.  I thought it was very realistic.  So many couples may have to deal with dishonesty in a marriage, and it was told so well."

"I loved working with Sharon Case," praises Bergman.  "She's just a terrific, terrific actress, and I'm sad that it's over.  But I understand that couples sometimes have to end on soaps.  I just hope that I get more chances to work with her."

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:20 pm »

From the January 13, 2009 issue of Soap Opera Weekly (p. 4):

It's Over!  Sharon's Filing For Divorce

Jack reveals the truth about his sordid lies and schemes to Sharon this week, and she announces she's filing for divorce.

"It's an awful, awful week for Jack," reflects Peter Bergman (Jack).  "He tells the truth, but it doesn't set him free at all."

It all begins on a positive note, when Sharon calls and asks if she can stop by to talk.  "Jack's hopeful; that's a good sign," admits Bergman.  But once they're together, "Sharon reminds Jack he was going to seek therapy for his sex addiction.  It's pretty clear Jack hasn't done anything about it.  Sharon's a little miffed, but says she has done something about it."

Sharon hands Jack the name of a sex therapist and insists they call her.  "What's going through Jack's mind is, 'Oh, God!  Now I have to keep this going?  Can't we just be nice to each other and work our way back to being in love?' " reveals Bergman. "Sharon won't take no for an answer.  She calls the therapist, who just had a cancellation and agrees to come to the house now."

When Sharon leaves the room for a minute, Jack races to the computer "and looks up as much as he can on sex addiction as quickly as he can," explains Bergman.

The therapist arrives and begins the impromptu session.  "Sharon is making efforts to be honest--as painful, embarrassing and humiliating as that might be--about her husband finding comfort in the arms of prostitutes.  She's baring her soul," says Bergman.  "The therapist tries to get Jack talking.  Jack hems and haws and finally realizes he just can't do this.  He can't keep lying.  He hits his limit.  It's a turning point for him."

Jack thanks the therapist, says he doesn't need her help, and sees her out.  Sharon is thrown, thinking Jack's in denial.  That's when Jack opens up to his wife about everything.  "He tells Sharon he doesn't have a sex addiction," asserts Bergman.  "Sharon asks why he lied, and Jack says the truth was worse.  Jack shares that he was in a motel, but not with a hooker.  He was there with Adam, working on Victor's diary.  Sharon is so disgusted that she can't get out of the house fast enough. On her way out, she tells Jack it's over.  She's going to get a divorce."

Jack is "stunned," notes Bergman.  "On some level, he had hoped that now that he's really being honest, Sharon might want to work things out.  But she doesn't have the slightest interest in that.  Jack's hit rock bottom.  He's blown his marriage sky-high.  He's lost Sharon."

And things could get worse, since Jack destroyed all his ties to Victor's diary, and "the only real evidence is that he told Sharon," points out Bergman.

You know what they say about a woman scorned...

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum