imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 29, 2024, 01:40:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

2010 Preview (Article)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Preview (Article)  (Read 199 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: December 30, 2009, 11:33:22 am »

From the January 5, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (pp. 35-36):

2010 Preview

"It's going to be a wild ride," promises Co-Head Writer Scott Hamner.  "We are still using the history of the show to keep generating story."

Victor's Return/Abbotts vs. Newmans:  "Just think of The Terminator when he says, 'I'm back.'  Then picture Victor's face.  That's the kind of havoc that's going to be wreaked by Victor when he returns.  He's back bigger and better than ever--stronger, tougher, meaner and out to kick some butt--the Abbotts, in particular.  Obviously, he's going to make good on his promise to Jack that he made when he left, that the fight between them was far from over and that Jack should expect payback.  [The heart transplant] definitely forces him to re-examine his life in a philosophical way, but Victor is Victor. If anything, he comes back more resolute, more determined and more powerful than ever.  He's not going to be softer on Jack.  It's definitely going to shape his world view in some ways, but it has not altered the fact that he's out for blood."

Jack/Ashley/Billy:  "This is a real cautionary tale of be careful what you wish for.  It's going to fulfill several important dreams for Jack having to do with filling the Abbott house once again with family.  That hooks into Jabot, as well.  There are several things that are going to happen related to all of the energy he puts into trying to re-create the togetherness of the Abbott family that he remembers from his youth.  But you can never go back and re-create it the same way.  What Jack ends up creating is kind of a Frankenstein monster version of the happy Abbott family."

Kay/Jill/Kay's Daughter:  "When Jill starts to pin down [the truth about Kay's daughter] anything you think you know or suspect, you are absolutely 100 percent wrong.  I really believe that if you're taking bets on what it's going to be, you're going to lose.  Who it is, is so far out there."

Lily/Cane/Mac:  "Lily and Cane are actually going to have several happy surprises.  At least in their future, some very good news.  Some of what is going to be a joyful surprise for them you can guess at.  Some of it you will not be able to guess."

Malcolm's Return:  "We're very excited about Malcolm's return.  It's going to really mix things up because the resolution or the emotional closure about the revelation that Malcolm is Lily's biological father was never really completed.  Malcolm was not in Genoa City when Neil learned the news.  Any of the consequences and emotional aftermath of that was not wrapped up.  We're going to have to see them go through that process face to face.  It will affect the entire family.  Everyone is going to be equally impacted in a very big way.  I include Cane in that, too.  It's going to have impact for Devon and Cane and Lily and Malcolm and Neil.  It's going to be a very big deal."

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 10:12:02 pm »

Related article...

From the January 4, 2010 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth (pp. 36-38):

2010 Preview

If you suffered whiplash thanks to all of the shenanigans that hit Genoa City last year, just wait until you see what's coming up in 2010!  "The history of the show will continue to drive us forward, but in new and unexpected ways," promises Y&R's co-headwriter, Scott Hamner.  "We will see some old faces [and how] the past catches up with you."  For all the details, keep on reading!

Victor Returns!
Like the Terminator, Victor vowed that he'd be back. Not surprisingly, his return will shake up everyone in Genoa City!  "Victor is going to blow into town at a very critical moment," reveals Hamner.  "There's going to be a lot of things in the balance.  A lot of relationships--power [struggles] and emotional connections--are going to be at a very critical juncture for many of our characters, and Victor is going to really come in like gangbusters."  The scribe warns that the billionaire's homecoming will create ripples far beyond his decades-long feud with Jack!  "The battle of the titans will expand.  We're now at the point that the next generation of Newmans and Abbotts are part of that feud, so we're going to take it to a new level and involve more of our characters.  It's going to get ugly!"  And fans had better brace themselves for at least one mind-bending shocker.  "At a point when the battle lines will be so intensely drawn, a crisis will happen that will challenge everyone," Hamner divulges.  "Whether they will pull together or keep fighting is going to mean everything in terms of the outcome of this crisis!"

Shocking Challenges For The Chancellor Family!
Murphy may want to start spending more time at his favorite fishing hole, because he's not going to get any peace and quiet in the Chancellor mansion during the months to come!  "There is going to be a total shake-up for the Chancellor family," previews Hamner.  Considering Jill has hired Paul to track down Katherine's biological daughter, could the changes ahead include a new addition to the dysfunctional clan?  While Hamner remains hush-hush about specifics, he suggests fans might want to invest in shock absorbers.  "The surprise is going to be as huge a shock as we had when it was thought to be discovered that Jill was Kay's daughter," he says with a laugh. " It's huge.  Really huge.  And we've added a twist that... is completely unexpected and out of left field."  Alas, it's a twist that could affect Jill and Katherine's newly-mended relationship.  "The fact that Jill has been so involved in the search to try and find Katherine's daughter is going to explode everything," the wordsmith shares.  "It's going to change the dynamic between Jill and Kay, but it's also going to go way beyond that.  It's going to force some of our adversaries to work together and turn some of the people who are normally allies into adversaries.  It's going to really mix things up and change the landscape of the show, and change things for all of our characters.  It's going to be an umbrella story."

Jack's New Battle!
Ever since Dr. Emily swept into town, Jack has had it bad for the blue-eyed beauty.  And while she initially shot his overtures down, romance recently began blooming for the couple.  "Jack is going to try and recreate the feeling that he had when the Abbott family was all together.  That is something that he deeply wants back in his life--the feeling of connectedness, when everyone lived under one roof and they were a big family," Hamner says.  Yet falling for Patty's look-alike/therapist may spell trouble ahead!  "As we know, Patty is still obsessed with Jack, so there's definitely going to be some threat if this romance starts to take off," the scribe hints.  "Emily has a connection to Patty and is very protective of her," he adds.  "Jack is going to really jump into this [relationship] and not play it safe.  His heart is really going to be in this, and he could get hurt!"

Malcolm's Back!
With Malcolm headed back to town, expect difficult times ahead for Neil.  After all, Malcolm is the biological father of the daughter Neil raised as his own!  "That's what's going to happen--it's going to get very, very complicated," Hamner states.  "We're going to revisit some old history, and it's going to be very painful at times, and very uncomfortable.  There's going to be a lot of conflict!"

Romantic Times
Cane and Lily deserve a little happiness, and it looks like they'll be getting it in the new year.  "Cane and Lily fans are going to be extremely pleased with where this couple is going," says Hamner.  Meanwhile, Chloe and Chance will grow even closer, but viewers shouldn't expect things to go smoothly for the couple.  "This is a story of two opposites attracting, and neither of them wants to make a mistake," he previews.  "They are going to face difficult challenges in the spring... and I think audiences will be pleased that rather than rushing into anything; they will have an old-fashioned love story."

Mystery And Mayhem
The mystery of exactly who Ryder is--and, even more importantly, who his mother is--will continue.  There are so many layers to this onion, and we are going to slowly peel away the skin to keep getting at the core," Hamner says.  "All I can tell you is that appearances can be deceptive, and what you think you know may not at all be what really is!"  And how much longer can Adam keep his secrets from coming out?  "The stakes are definitely going to be raised, and you should look for the walls to start closing in on Adam!"

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:04:23 pm »

From the January 12, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Weekly (p. five):

Editor's Opinion
by Janet Di Lauro

After interviewing Scott Hamner about the show's 2010 storylines, the one I find most interesting is the search for the child Kay gave up at birth. From the minute viewers learned Kay's long-lost daughter was still out there, I wrote a script in my head and even cast the role.  Kim Zimmer would emerge as a tough-talking, chain-smoking broad who grew up in a trailer park sans any finesse.  Then Hamner burst my bubble, revealing I was 100 percent wrong. I've never been more intrigued or anxious to meet a character before, and knowing the Y&R scribes, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I'm hoping that means the random biker chick we saw won't be Katherine's daughter!  And all these articles that say the viewers won't guess in a million years makes me more determined to figure it out!  LOL!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum