imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 19, 2024, 12:40:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Peanut Gallery (February 2010 Opinion Column)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Peanut Gallery (February 2010 Opinion Column)  (Read 309 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: February 01, 2010, 09:31:21 pm »

(February 2010)

Thank you to Rose... this month's guest columnist!

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The Good:  The Tucker McCall appearance on the Y&R canvas has to be the best new storyline in Genoa City in many years.  The background is there.  We know Katherine gave away a baby long ago.  While I was completely won over by the acting of William Russ and saw no need to replace him, I still say the character of Tucker and the storyline remain strong.  We watched Katherine and Jill fight for years, and we loved it!  No doubt we’ll see powerful performances between Katherine and Tucker for years ahead with Jill caught in the middle.  If all that isn’t enough, we’re sure to see many of Genoa City’s finest caught up in McCall’s power plays.  It’s downright refreshing to see someone who is not afraid of the Newmans, and he even seems amused by them!  Bring it on Tucker—play with the Newmans all you want!

The Bad:  The part of this story that irritates me a bit is Neil Winters' role.  Neil is supposed to be a Stanford-educated, Newman-trained, savvy executive.  It seems Neil was as eager to jump into bed with Tucker McCall as Jill was—financially speaking, of course!

Then Neil ran over to cry on Ashley’s shoulder and drink tea.  Nothing like taking a little R&R during a crisis, Neil!  Sure enough, it’s Victor who pulled together the powers that be in GC to fight together on Katherine’s behalf.  Shouldn’t that have been Neil’s job?  Now I know Neil is supposed to be scrupulously honorable and polite, but just once shouldn’t his brilliant brain trump the bad guys? 

The Ugly:  There’s no doubt about it.  The ugliest storyline is Lauren being poisoned and gas-lighted yet again, this time by Daisy and company.  Been there, done that!  Why are they wasting the hottest couple in GC with the same storyline that has been done ad nauseum?!  Surely some steamy scenes between Lauren and Michael would be more entertaining than headaches and rats.  Wise up, Y&R!

Feel free to post your reactions to "Comments From The Peanut Gallery" on our message board.  This column does not reflect the creative views of Y&R, Sony-Television, or CBS-Television and is written strictly as seen through the eyes of our guest columnist.  Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. ©
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:38:08 pm by Lynn1 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum