imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 29, 2024, 03:26:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

In A New York Minute (Spoiler Article)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In A New York Minute (Spoiler Article)  (Read 247 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:09 pm »

From the January 20, 2009 issue of Soap Opera Digest (pp. 44-47):

In A New York Minute
by Devin Owens

Y&R's Nick, Sharon, And Brad Have Their Phyll!

When Nick and Sharon head to the Big Apple on business (sent by Victor for Beauty Of Nature), Phyllis steps up her plan to get her rival hooked up with someone other than her husband.  "Phyllis wants Brad and Sharon to get together in New York," explains Michelle Stafford (Phyllis).  "And why not?  Phyllis knows that Brad loves Sharon and she's lonely and sad, so it's a win-win for everyone."

But Phyllis needs Nick outta there so Brad has the chance to work his charms on a hopefully vulnerable Sharon.  "Phyllis has a very legitimate reason for wanting Nick to come home right away," reasons Stafford.  "She's basically handling that magazine all by herself and there's a big cover shoot.  So she calls Nick with, 'Hey, I hope you're getting back soon because I'm doing this alone.  I need you.  You're my partner in this.' "

Nick, who is in a business meeting with a client and Sharon at a hotel bar, agrees to come home.  "He was just supposed to fly in, then out on the same day anyway, so he agrees to come home a little sooner," says Joshua Morrow (Nick).  "He leaves Sharon for the airport."

Phyllis then dispatches Brad, who is more than happy to oblige.  "He has very genuine feelings for Sharon and she for him," points out Don Diamont (Brad).  "She has expressed that to him before.  She came to Brad and was ready to commit when he was with Victoria.  So he and Sharon have been star-crossed for a while now."

Brad enters the bar and feigns surprise at "running into" Sharon.  But as they talk, she suspects that their supposedly chance encounter is a setup.  "She just finds it too coincidental and figures out that Phyllis is behind it," says Diamont.  "Brad, at first, just doesn't really say anything, which sort of confirms it.  Finally, he just cops to it.  He doesn't want to be sneaky about this anymore."

Sharon is peeved by yet another Phyllis stunt.  "She's not really surprised about Phyllis, but she's surprised at Brad, that he would work with Phyllis," sighs Sharon Case (Sharon).  "They were enemies, first of all, and why?  Why would he want to do that to Sharon and work with his enemy against her?  So she's really shocked about Brad."

Before Sharon and Brad can get any further, Nick returns.  "There's some bad weather going out of New York, so his flight has been canceled," fills in Morrow.  "All the airport hotels are jammed, so he has no choice but to go back into the city, to the hotel where he and Sharon were handling business, and that's when he finds Brad there with her."

Nick smells a rat.  "Nick doesn't like Brad anyway, so Nick wants to find out what the real story is," Morrow chuckles.  "That's when Brad tells Nick to ask Phyllis why he's in New York."

An annoyed Newman calls his wife, but Phyllis plays dumb.  "Nick comes back at her with, 'Oh, really, because Brad told me to ask you why he's here,' " says Morrow.  "But Phyllis still denies it."

When Nick hangs up, Brad agrees to leave, but as he's exiting, Nick can't help but make one last disparaging remark. "He says, 'You're pathetic, Carlton,' " Diamont smiles.  "Brad is fit to be tied at that point, so he tells them everything.  After that, Brad says, 'The only one who is pathetic in this scenario, Nick, is you.' "

Once that bombshell has exploded, Brad departs.  "Nick and Sharon are really sickened by what they've just learned, but she's the one trying to talk him off the ledge because he's freaking out," says Morrow.  "He talks about the fact that he's had it with Phyllis.  He tells Sharon that he's sorry that his wife is doing this to her, but Sharon actually defends Phyllis and he's shocked by that.  Sharon takes the high road and urges Nick to take it easy on his wife."

Uh, really?  "Sharon doesn't agree with what Phyllis does, but she does understand what it's like to be threatened," explains Case. "I wouldn't say Sharon empathizes with her--nobody would agree that that was the right way to handle it.  It's driven Phyllis to do all these crazy things."

Meanwhile, Brad tips off Phyllis that he spilled the beans to Nick.  "It's such a stupid move," groans Stafford.  "She just doesn't know why Brad would do that."

The weather clears up and Nick is able to fly back to Genoa City, where he confronts his wife at the Restless Style office.  "She's totally unapologetic," marvels Morrow.  "She's like, 'You married me.  You've got to accept that I'm going to be doing stuff like this because I love you and I'm fighting for our marriage.'  She throws back the kiss in Paris and he thought they got past that.  But she points out, 'We got together because you were cheating and then I find you kissing Sharon in Paris.'  Nick doesn't know how many ways he can commit to his wife.  Granted, Nick's not making it easy for Phyllis to accept that but he's adamant that 'I'm with you, that's all that matters.' "

Reminds Stafford, "the other point is that in Paris, Sharon stopped the kiss.  He didn't stop it and he doesn't have an answer for that.  So these are the things that make Phyllis afraid.  He never says, 'Listen, I don't love Sharon.'  Phyllis knows there are still some feelings there, so these are legitimate fears.  Her biggest fear is that he'll cheat on her becuase he cheated on Sharon.  The other woman always thinks that the husband she cheated with will do it again."

Eventually, Mr. and Mrs. Newman calm down.  "They sort of work things out," says Stafford.  "They still love each other.  It's not like the marriage is over.  There's a lot of love there, but there's also a lot of hurt."

Continues Morrow, "They've reached a crucial point in their marriage where Nick's not sure if she's ever going to be able to fully trust him. They both realize that their marriage is a little more messy and complicated than they thought.  So this is a serious moment and how they choose to go from there is up to them.  Hopefully, the outside elements won't get in their way and just let these two people work their marriage out.  But of course, this being a soap opera, we know that's not going to happen that easily."

You can say that again because Phyllis now has a score to settle with Brad....

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:17:20 pm »

Thanks for the spoiler.  I was hoping that Nick would stomp a hole in Phyllis' butt, though it seems he is too scared to go back at her.  I hope that Brad and her go at it and he just completely exposes her for who she is, a total psycho.  This is going to get messy, I can see it coming.  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum