imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 04:55:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Casting Thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casting Thread  (Read 12216 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: August 14, 2010, 04:59:58 pm »

(This thread will be bookmarked on our "Fine Threads" page so it can be found easily.)

This is the thread for revealing who is leaving and/or joining the show, as long as it doesn't give away storylines!  If you want to share info. about upcoming storylines, please put it on the spoiler board instead.  Thanks!
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 05:06:18 pm »

Here's a link to SoapCentral's article, "Maura West Joins Y&R As Diane Jenkins."  She's the lady who recently won Best Leading Actress at the Daytime Emmys for her portrayal of Carly on ATWT.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 05:14:28 pm »

Click here to read "Y&R Recasts Noah Newman With Actor Luke Kleintank."  A picture is also included.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 05:24:07 pm »

From the August 24, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (pp. 14-15):

Comings And Goings

Who's Coming:
Susan Seaforth Hayes (Joanna Manning):  Joanna shows up in Genoa City on August 17 for a not-so-happy reunion with Lauren (Tracey E. Bregman).  "The story should be told that Susan was in the middle of a European vacation and flew all night to come do this," praises Bregman.  "Then she literally got off stage and went to the airport to fly back to her vacation.  She not only didn't want anybody else to play Joanna, but she said she wanted to be there for me, and I appreciated that so much.  I wish we had more time together, but I just really have to give her props for going out of her way."

Maura West (Diane Jenkins):  ATWT's Emmy-winning Carly will first air in October as Jack and Victor's ex.  The role was last played by Susan Walters.

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:42 am »

From the September 27, 2010 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth (p. 17):

Christine's Done!
Sigh.  It was nice while it lasted.  A rep for Lauralee Bell (Christine, Y&R) confirms that the actress who plays Genoa City's favorite female legal eagle has wrapped up her stint.  A final air date hasn't been announced as Y&R does not comment on casting rumors or storyline speculation.

Back In Action
Beau Kazer brings Brock back to Genoa city on Thursday, September 16, and Friday, September 17.  And though the reason for his return is a sad one, the actor was happy to come back.  "It's like I never left.  I come back, and it's like nothing has ever changed.  Time is but an illusion," Kazer says.  Not only that, but he got to meet his new on-screen brother!  "[Stephen Nichols, Tucker] is a very nice gentleman, a committed actor," he adds.

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 04:33:44 pm »

From the September 28, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (pp. 4-5):

Another Ex-ATWT Star To Y&R

Y&R has tapped Aussie hunk Paul Leyden (ex-Simon, ATWT) to play the mysterious Blake, who first appears on October 6.  "I got a phone call from my agent about this part," shares the actor.  "I really enjoyed working in this genre and this sounded like a fantastic opportunity, so I said, 'Let's do it.' "

Leyden didn't even have to audition.  "It was really flattering that they had so much faith in me--hopefully, I don't disappoint anyone," he smiles.  "I live in Los Angeles now and each time I did a stint on ATWT, I really enoyed going back to New York, but now I'm a lot more established here--especially with a writing career--so getting Y&R is wonderful."

Although he's already begun taping, Leyden knows little about Blake.  "I was given bits and pieces on character stuff, but to be honest, I was more excited about acting.  A lot of my work right now is writing, so it's hard for me to commit to things as an actor, even though I love acting.  Plus, I was really interested in being on a show that's at the top of its game.  After being on ATWT and watching it struggle, it's really nice to be on a show that runs like a smooth machine.  That was a big lure."

Leyden will also be reunited professionally with his former on-screen love, Maura West (ex-Carly, ATWT), who debuts the same week (as Diane Jenkins).  Although both actors were present on his first work day, they have yet to meet again.  "I only saw Maura on the monitors around the studio.  I didn't get to see her personally and say hi because we were on different shooting schedules," he explains.  "We've been exchanging text messages since she's been out here, trying to catch up.  I was very excited for her and she'll kill it [as Diane].  I'm really looking forward to seeing her again."

But Leyden has already met up with another former co-star.  "I ran into Daniel Goddard [Cane] in the makeup room!" he reports.  "I worked with him back in Australia on a TV show called BEASTMASTER.  He played the beastmaster and ran around in a loincloth.  I played a guest role and I was villain to his hero.  It was great to see him.  I think I'm really going to like it here."

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:45 pm »

From the October 11, 2010 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth (pp. 14-15):

J.T.'s Leaving!

As Y&R's Thad Luckinbill (J.T.) prepares to exit, real-life wife Amelia Heinle (Victoria) opens up about his departure from the top-rated daytime soap.

Luckinbill joined Y&R back in 1999 as bad boy J.T., who reformed thanks to the love of good women like Colleen, Mac and Victoria.  And though he's had a long run, the actor will be exiting Genoa City soon.  "He is not renewing his contract," Heinle shares with In Depth.

But the actress is excited, because now Luckinbill will have the opportunity to pursue primetime roles with more vigor, and considering how many parts he got while he was still at Y&R, the sought-after actor will have no trouble with that.  Luckinbill, who is appearing on CSI: LAS VEGAS on Thursday, October 7, has done double duty during much of his Y&R tenure.  He recurred on the sitcom 8 SIMPLE RULES and appeared on NIP/TUCK, GHOST WHISPERER and JAG, to name a few.

"It's a blessing in disguise," Heinle declares.  "He's never been in this position before.  [He] is going to grow as a person and as an actor.  I hope he gets a cop show!  He's done guest roles on primetime because he was working on Y&R. Now that he has nothing holding him back, you just wait--he's going to [succeed even more].  I know it.  He's going to be so happy that this has happened."

So what does Luckinbill's exit mean for Clementine Ford, who plays on-screen love interest Mac?  It's possible that if J.T. packs his bags, she'll leave town, too.  But considering the long history Mackenzie has with so many Genoa City residents, she could easily stick around.  Y&R doesn't comment on casting, actors' contracts or storyline, but we'll keep you posted on Ford's status.

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 10:27:43 pm »

From the October 19, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 5):

Two Y&R Stars Out!  More To Come?

Y&R has confirmed that Thad Luckinbill (J.T.) and Clementine Ford (Mackenzie) have been let go.  "They weren't surprised at all," says a co-star.  "Their characters haven't really been doing anything story-wise, so Thad and Clementine were pretty much expecting this."

Which is why there are no hard feelings from the actors.  "It's not because there were any contract disagreements or that the show was unhappy with their performances," assures an insider.  "The truth is, there are way too many cast members and simply not enough air time or story to go around.  Since J.T. and Mac are a couple, it just made sense that they be written out together.  Everyone here loves Thad and Clementine, and there's a very nice farewell party planned for them."

Of course, the already-overcrowded situation reached critical mass with the recent additions of Maura West (Diane), Paul Leyden (Blake) and Michael Badalucco (Hogan), which means more firings could be on the horizon.  "Just releasing two actors is not going to improve things here," reports a setside source.  This cast needs to be a lot leaner, so I'm guessing that more uncomfortable decisions have to be made.  This is a very tight-knit bunch and nobody wants to see anyone go.  It's not going to be easy."

Especially when Y&R execs continue to eye the bounty of unemployed soap stars for other possible roles.  "With the cancellation of ATWT, there's more daytime actors than ever to choose from," points out another backstager.  "It's very tempting to snap some of them up for new characters or recasts, but Y&R really needs to hold back now and deal with what they already have."

Luckinbill and Ford's last air date is set for November 5.

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:57 pm »

From the November 2, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Weekly (p. 3):

Returning

Watch out, Lauren!  The diabolical Daisy is headed back to Y&R's Genoa City.  Yvonne Zima, who portrayed the character from October 2009 through May 2010, returns on Oct. 28.  When last seen, Daisy was fleeing town after a kidnapping plot involving Lauren and Jana went awry and Lauren shot her Aunt Sarah dead.  Daisy vowed she would be back someday--just as her mother, Sheila, would have wanted.  Well, that day is nigh.

Report Spam   Logged
soappsychic

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 08:43:24 pm »

(Wait, can I scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »

(Wait, can I scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) Sad

That's nicer than what I screamed!  Ha ha!  I thought one of the improvements the show made was getting rid of her.  I can't believe she's coming back.
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 12:53:46 pm »

Seriously? Looks like I'll be doing a lot of fast forwarding. What a waste of $. This is one character that definitely did not need to be brought back.

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 10:25:13 pm »

Here's an article at MichaelFairmanSoaps.com about Tristan Rogers joining Y&R as a new character named Colin.  (He used to play Robert Scorpio on GH.)  I'm excited about him joining the show, but not so excited about the story.  Speculation is that he'll be part of Cane's cattle mafia storyline.  He'll start airing Dec. 8th.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 12:12:22 pm »

From the November 16, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 13):

Tristan Rogers To Y&R

Tristan Rogers (ex-Scorpio, GH) will begin airing on December 8 as a mysterious stranger named Colin.  "Truth of the matter, the real clincher for this [is] I think they figured I could do a passable job on the accent," cracks the soap vet, who will work with fellow Aussies Daniel Goddard (Cane) and Paul Leyden (Blake).  "I mean, I never took any interviews on it and it basically came down to a conversation between my agent and somebody at Y&R.  I was ecstatic."

The role is very different from his superspy GH alter ego, Rogers reports.  "He's a charming chap with a really vicious underlying mode to him, so to speak.  This guy is very much in your face.  He's not a person who's going to be intimidated easily, if at all.  Playing a baddie is always appealing from an actor's standpoint."

The role is recurring, but Rogers is happy to stick around.  "There's a lot of ways that this character can be sliced and diced and that includes the storyline, as well," he says.  "Y&R is all about families in a much more focused way than some other soaps and it's all about the problems that coexist and happen and unravel in those families and this one is no different, except that the stakes may be a little higher.  I think that we have a lot of space here to really expand this one and do some really interesting things.  It's up to the writers, whether they choose to do that or not."

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 01:11:49 pm »

From the November 30, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 13):

Comings And Goings

Who's Going
Eric Braeden (Victor Newman):  Don't panic!  Braeden will only be away form the show temporarily.  According to his publicist, the actor will take a three-week leave to undergo a surgical procedure and recuperate.  At press time, a last air date was not available, but a setside source reveals that Victor will be back in Genoa City "before the audience even notices his absence."

Who's Staying
Emily O'Brien (Jana Hawkes Fisher):  According to a show insider, the actress has inked a new multiyear contract.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum