imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 18, 2024, 08:05:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Casting Thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casting Thread  (Read 12933 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: November 06, 2010, 12:12:22 pm »

From the November 16, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 13):

Tristan Rogers To Y&R

Tristan Rogers (ex-Scorpio, GH) will begin airing on December 8 as a mysterious stranger named Colin.  "Truth of the matter, the real clincher for this [is] I think they figured I could do a passable job on the accent," cracks the soap vet, who will work with fellow Aussies Daniel Goddard (Cane) and Paul Leyden (Blake).  "I mean, I never took any interviews on it and it basically came down to a conversation between my agent and somebody at Y&R.  I was ecstatic."

The role is very different from his superspy GH alter ego, Rogers reports.  "He's a charming chap with a really vicious underlying mode to him, so to speak.  This guy is very much in your face.  He's not a person who's going to be intimidated easily, if at all.  Playing a baddie is always appealing from an actor's standpoint."

The role is recurring, but Rogers is happy to stick around.  "There's a lot of ways that this character can be sliced and diced and that includes the storyline, as well," he says.  "Y&R is all about families in a much more focused way than some other soaps and it's all about the problems that coexist and happen and unravel in those families and this one is no different, except that the stakes may be a little higher.  I think that we have a lot of space here to really expand this one and do some really interesting things.  It's up to the writers, whether they choose to do that or not."

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum