imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 09:52:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Casting Thread

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casting Thread  (Read 12013 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2018, 04:47:47 pm »

From the October 1, 2018 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth (p. 10):

Victor's Brother Recast!

It looks like Y&R's Victor is gonna get some brotherly love--or not--when Richard Gleason takes over the role of Matt Miller (played previously by Robert Parucha) on Thursday, September 20, for a four-episode arc.  "I really liked the character," the guest star raves to In Depth.  "There is a wonderful ambivalence to Matt that allows him to be a few different things."

The actor adds that while on the surface, Matt seems to be willing to help his brother, "there are hints for me in the dialogue that perhaps he has more of an agenda.  I presented him as a character who seems extremely affable on the [surface], but he's a lot more clever than he makes out!"

Y&R isn't Gleason's first spin through daytime.  "My first gig on a soap was on OLTL," he reveals.  "I cut my teeth in New York.  I played a photographer, and I had one line to say, which was a huge deal for me!  I also did a stint on AMC, so I have a fondness for daytime dramas!"

As for the future, Gleason believes there might be just enough unresolved family issues to warrant an encore appearance.  "There was clearly a lot of tension between Matt and Victor," he smiles.  "I have a hunch that the show runners are dangling things that may be picked up in the future."
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum