imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 29, 2024, 04:01:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Casting Thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Casting Thread  (Read 12529 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 10:20:16 pm »

From the December 28, 2010 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 12):

GL Alum To Y&R

Melissa Hayden (ex-Bridget, GL) who was last seen on-screen for GL's 2009 finale, will return to daytime on January 7 when she makes an appearance in Genoa City as Agnes.  "It was really fun," Hayden shares.  "[Co-Executive Producer Paul Rauch] was over at GL [as EP] during my last couple of years there, so it was really nice of him to have me come over.  I so appreciate him.  And the Bells, of course, are fabulous.  I haven't done any of the Bell shows, so it was wonderful."

The actress, who taped her scenes on November 23, loved being on the Y&R set, but, she admits, "I was nervous going in!  It was a lot of people I don't know, but I knew I was doing okay when the camera guy goes, 'Oh, I like you!'  I was like, 'Oh, my God.  The camera guy likes me!  I'm in!'  That just made my day."

The show is hush-hush about the storyine surrounding her appearance, but Hayden offers, "It's kicking something off.  It's going to be meaningful when it happens."  And she hopes it leads to more appearances in the future. "I'm just excited for any opportunity."

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »

Now I am wondering who this Agnes is going to be related to or going after.  Maybe something to do with Skye???
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

From the January 11, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Weekly (p. 3):

Revolving Door

In:
Melissa Hayden (ex-Bridget, GL) joins Y&R as Agnes on Jan. 7, in a very hush-hush storyline.  Stage, film and prime-time television actress Ellen Green first appears in the recurring role of Primrose that same day.  "With a surprising link to the past, Primrose's arrival in Genoa City brings unexpected joy to Billy and Victoria," teases a Y&R spokesperson.

Back:
Sources say that Lauralee Bell is reprising her role as Y&R's crack attorney Christine.  Bell is expected to return later this month.  The actress was last seen on Y&R in August 2010.  Meanwhile, Thom Bierdz (Phillip) is also reportedly making a return to Y&R in February.  Y&R reminds us that it's the show's policy not to comment on casting rumors.

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 10:02:20 pm »

From the February 1, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Weekly (p. 3):

Revolving Door

The Internet rumor mill has Daniel Goddard leaving the role of Y&R's Cane, and Lily and Cane fans are up in arms.  Can Lane lovers still hold onto hope?  "Absolutely," says co-head writer Scott Hamner.  "We're not abandoning their story.  We're taking it to a whole new level."

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 10:13:59 pm »

From the February 1, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 19):

Y&R Star Out?

Last week, we hinted that a popular leading man could be on his way out.  We were referring to Daniel Goddard (Cane, Y&R), which TV Guide Canada's Web site has reported as a done deal, adding that the character will be killed off next month.  Co-Head Writer Scott Hamner offered what could be construed as a glimmer of hope that Goddard is sticking around when Cane and Lily's story heats up in February.  "We're not abandoning their story," says the scribe.  "We're taking it to a whole new level."

So what do you think that means?  Is he going to fake his death?  Come back as a double?  Come back as a ghost?
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 11:17:23 pm »

From an e-mail that Nina C. sent me:

BREAKING CASTING NEWS: Walter Fauntleroy will be cast as Nate Hastings

Dr. Olivia Winters' (Tonya Lee Williams) son is returning to Y&R and he's all grown up. Actor Walter Fauntleroy has been cast in the role of Nate Hastings, previously played by Bryant Jones in 2003. The character's storyline hasn't yet been revealed, but Nate returns to the canvas on February 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Could his character  be tied into the huge Lily and Cane storyline coming up? http://blog.soapoperafan.com/
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 08:58:36 pm »

From the February 15, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 13):

Y&R's Bell:  Will She Stay Or Go?

Even Lauralee Bell (Christine) is surprised that her latest gig on Y&R (which started on January 13) had lasted this long.  "I didn't expect to get [air] dates in February, so it's much more than I expected, but I'm thrilled" smiles the actress.  "Usually, Maria [Arena Bell, executive producer/head writer] asks, 'Are you free for another couple of days?'  As soon as I hear it's with Nina, Paul and Ronan, I go, 'Okay.'  I've been shooting with another project, so we're having to talk back and forth, but as long as we can make this work, it's all good.  I get very nice letters from fans, but I feel that for every person who says they love that I'm back, there's someone going, 'Ugh!  Goody two-shoes is back.' "

Even though Christine has been successfully integrated into Genoa City again, Bell isn't ready to sign on the dotted line.  "There's a couple of things that I'm pushing forward, so I need to be open for other things right now and after I get through that, we'll see.  There's a two-and-a-half week break because I needed to take care of things, but come March and April, I'm fully open to discuss more dates.  I love being here."

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 07:06:06 pm »

From the February 22, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 14):

Stuff We Know (And Shouldn't Tell You)

An insider reports that not only is Wilson Bethel coming back to Y&R to reprise Ryder, but the actor has also signed a contract.

Who's Coming:
John Driscoll (Chance):  The character returned last week to help out Ronan in his time of need.  Y&R is keeping mum about how long Chance will be around.

Beth Maitland (Traci):  The Abbott sibling visits on February 15.

Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia):  The doctor is in on February 15.

Sean Young (Meggie):  She's ba-a-ck!  The nefarious black widow returns to Genoa City on February 16.

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 09:15:25 pm »

Click here to check out Entertainment Weekly's article "Is Cane Dead Or What?"  Don't worry, it doesn't give away any specific storylines.  It just confirms that Daniel Goddard still has Y&R appearances airing in March and April.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 02:25:25 pm »

From the March 1, 2011 issue of Soap Opera Digest (p. 12):

Stuff We Know (And Shouldn't Tell You)

Y&R is looking for a big-name Caucasian or Latino actor to play a rough-and-tough but sexy rancher.  "He is a smart guy who chooses to live a simple life working with his hands," reads the character description.  This will be a contract role that starts in early March.

Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:17 pm »

Click here to check out the article at SoapCentral.  Kin Shriner (ex-Harrison Bartlett, Y&R; ex-Scotty Baldwin, GH) will be temporarily filling in for Ted Shackelford in the role of Jeffrey Bardwell next month.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 11:22:28 pm »

Click here to check out SoapOperaDigest.com's breaking news about a new love interest for Sharon.  Sean Patrick Flanery starts airing as Sam, a country veterinarian, in mid-April.
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 10:41:11 pm »

Click here to check out SoapCentral's article about Kevin Schmidt returning to the role of Noah Newman.  He apparently starts airing on April 14th.
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:04 am »

Wooohoooooooooo! Kevin Schmidt is returning as Noah. Thank the Soap Gods for finally listening to us!
Report Spam   Logged
soappsychic

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 12:25:24 pm »

Sean Patrick Flannery? Woo hoo. He was sooo adorable years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum