imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 11:49:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

The Peanut Gallery (March 2011 Opinion Column)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Peanut Gallery (March 2011 Opinion Column)  (Read 313 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: March 07, 2011, 10:52:44 pm »

(March 2011)

Thank you to Rose... this month's guest columnist!

In Defense of Adam Newman

I’m here to defend the most despised man in Genoa City—Adam Newman.  The one person who has not hated Adam is Sharon.  Adam and Sharon are dynamite together!  When Adam and Sharon visited New Orleans together, Adam created a fairytale of fantasy and romance, not just for Sharon, but for every woman watching the show!  I loved their romantic scenes at Oak Alley, and I can’t wait to see more!

I can already hear your argument that Adam kidnapped Sharon’s baby!  It’s also true that Adam saved Faith’s life when the tornado brought down the barn roof where the three of them had taken shelter.  Adam also ran into Sharon’s burning house and saved Noah and Eden from the fire set by crazy Daisy.  Adam is a hero!

Yes, Adam has done some sick and twisted things.  Then again, Adam is the son of Victor Newman.  If you or I had Victor for a father, we’d probably be a little bonkers, too!

Y&R has a record of redeeming evil characters.  Some years ago Larry Warton was downright terrifying when he was messing with Nick in prison.  By the time Warton left the show a few years later, he was a popular guy.

Do you remember the horrific scene when Kevin locked Colleen in the freezer at Gina’s restaurant and set fire to the place?  Kevin is still making bad decisions today, yet who doesn’t love Kevin?

Back in the day when Phyllis was truly Phyllis the Red, Phyllis rented a car and ran down Paul Williams in the street, leaving him to die.  Phyllis got away with it.  Is Adam any worse than Phyllis who despises him?

The great Katherine Chancellor got drunk and drove her beloved husband off the road to his death rather than let Jill have him.  Who doesn’t love Katherine?  And the list goes on……Michael, Jack and Victor have all done despicable things.  Is Adam any worse, any less worthy of forgiveness?

Yes, I am here to defend the most despised man in Genoa City—Adam Newman.  Will you all join me?

Feel free to post your reactions to "Comments From The Peanut Gallery" on our message board.  This column does not reflect the creative views of Y&R, Sony-Television, or CBS-Television and is written strictly as seen through the eyes of our guest columnist.  Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. ©
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:59:39 pm by Lynn1 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum