imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 18, 2024, 06:47:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

"Colin" Article

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Colin" Article  (Read 189 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: March 17, 2011, 09:53:40 pm »

From the March 28, 2011 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth (pp. 10-11):

Colin's Staying!  Will His Son Be Back, Too?

Although Tristan Rogers originally signed on for just 10 episodes as the dastardly Colin on Y&R, it now looks like the dashing Aussie will make Genoa City a permanent home!

When Soaps In Depth caught up with Rogers to get the scoop on his alter ego, we got the best news ever:  "They've given me a contract," the actor confirms.  Of course, this means that the underhanded Mob boss will be sticking around for a while.  And, says Rogers, viewers can see that change in the writing.  After all, it's perfectly fine for an occasional villain (like Daisy or Patty) to be an unrepentant schemer, but if a character is going to be a Genoa City mainstay, he has to be at least a little redeemable.

"If I could use one word that they're applying [to him], it's that [the writers] have 'softened' him," Rogers muses of his character's change since his debut last December.  "It's almost like we're going through a stage of redemption.  Whether that's a smoke screen, I don't know."

Viewers might have thought that like Paul Leyden (ex-Blake) before him, Rogers would have been a goner once Cane bit the dust.  But the actor promises that there's plenty more Colin to come.  "We haven't even scratched the surface as to who this guy is," Rogers notes.  "What's his background, and what's his real connection to Cane?"  Does this mean there's hope that Cane is really alive, despite being gunned down outside a church on screen and Lily's ghostly visions?  After all, this wouldn't be the first time in recent history that Y&R pulled a bait and switch.  (Just ask Adam, Skye and Chance about that.)

"There's something there," Rogers says of the mystery.  But he further insists that he has no intel on future plot twists.  "I've made it a point of not asking [what's really going on]. I'm taking it as it's handed to me."

The above article was typed up and posted at The Colonnade Room, with credit given to its source.
Report Spam   Logged
DebbieMartin48

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:57 pm »

oh no tell me it isnt so Sad
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:06:20 am »

I don't mind Tristan hanging around GC. I just don't want any other Aussies showing up or any dead Aussies not being dead. lol I would love to see him redeem himself. I like the chemistry between him and Jill, so I'm kinda hoping this works out as well as a soap relationship really can. lol
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum