imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
March 28, 2024, 07:23:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Alternate World Of Adam Newman--Chapter 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternate World Of Adam Newman--Chapter 5  (Read 2060 times)
Rose

« on: April 01, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »

Alternate World of Adam Newman
Chapter 5

Adam led Chloe into the dimly-lighted offices of Genoa City Monthly.  “Wait here a sec while I turn off the alarm and hit the lights,” Adam said.

Chloe gasped as the spotlights came on revealing the wall of spectacular photography.  There was Murphy’s Tackle and Bait Shop, Murphy wearing his waders fly-fishing, Murphy smiling with a fishing pole in one hand and holding Katherine wrapped in a fur coat covered with fishing net in the other arm, and finally Murphy and Katherine at a sparkling black-tie event.

“You got to photograph the Chancellor Foundation Black and White Night at the Colonnade Room?” Chloe asked.  “That was a private, thank-you party for big-time donors only.  How did you get in on that?  Oh man, Billy isn’t going to like this at all!”

Adam grinned, “Well, don’t tell him.  He’ll see it for himself when the next issue comes out.”

“So how did you get into Katherine’s Black and White Night?” Chloe asked.  “She banned everyone from Restless Style.  I can’t believe this picture of her wrapped in a fishing net!  Did you hypnotize her or what?”

Adam just laughed and said, “Remember when I carried in all the food for Delia’s party?  Katherine cornered me and asked me to go fishing with Murphy.  She thinks Murphy is too outnumbered by all you women over at the Chancellor Estate.  I promised to go fishing with him, and the rest is history!  Murphy buys an ad in Genoa City Monthly for his bait shop, so we just wrote the feature story on Murphy falling in love with Katherine.”

“Scooped by Genoa City Monthly two months in a row,” Chloe moaned.  “I’ll be lucky if I even have a job after Billy sees this issue.  I live with Katherine, and I couldn’t even get invited to the Black and White Night.”

Adam laughed and gave Chloe a hug.  “Restless Style is not the only game in town, Chloe!  Aren’t you in a rut there, hanging on with old Billy boy?”

“Well, it’s not Billy I’m hugging!”  Chloe exclaimed.

Just then the bell jingled as Murphy walked through the door.  “I thought I’d find you here, Adam.  Oh, hi there, Chloe.  This is even better because I’ve got a proposition for the two of you.  My friend, Milly, has the dance studio just across the street, and things have been pretty slow over there.  How about the two of you go sign up for some dance lessons?”

“What kind of dance lessons are we talking about, Murphy?  I’m not square dancing or anything like that!” Chloe exclaimed.

“You can just get your nose out of the air, young lady,” said Murphy as he shook a finger at Chloe.  “My friend, Milly, has been both a dancer and choreographer on Broadway.  She recently moved home to Genoa City for a while to help her dad while he fights a battle with cancer.  He’s a friend of mine from the lodge.  You ought to understand Milly better than anyone, Chloe.”

Chloe and Adam looked at each other and nodded.  “Sure, we’ll check it out, Murphy!  I’ll lock up, and we’ll all walk over there.  You can introduce us,” Adam said.  “Chloe, I never had any idea that fly fishing is so relaxing and so much fun until Murphy taught me how to do it.  So if he thinks we should dance, we better listen to him!  I’ve had a blast getting to know Murphy!”

“The feeling is mutual, young man,” replied Murphy.  “The feeling is mutual.”

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum