imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 16, 2024, 05:23:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Peanut Gallery (March 2009 Opinion Column)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peanut Gallery (March 2009 Opinion Column)  (Read 297 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: February 28, 2009, 07:38:14 pm »

(March 2009)

Thank you to Rose... this month's guest columnist!

Praise and Pet Peeves

It is a mystery to me why Y&R chose to kill off Brad Carlton who was a key player in Genoa City and part of our hearts and homes for so many years.  Yet they kept Jeffrey “sleazebag” Bardwell, Adam “waste of a Newman” Wilson, and Daniel “I’m a starving artist” Romalotti, Jr. 

I concede that Brad’s death caused terrific anguish for Sharon Abbott, and actress Sharon Case has done a splendid job playing the role.  Sharon’s panicked race out of Brad’s house followed by her sobbing on his front porch was eerily realistic.  I believed she’s a hurt mess.  However, I contend that Sharon would have broken down after any man in pants drowned saving Noah.

We have talented actor, Ted Shackelford, playing the role of Jeffrey Bardwell who has one storyline—sleazeball.  Now if Jeffrey had drowned saving Noah, at least he would have done one memorable and honorable thing on Y&R.  Please, give this actor a storyline!  Perhaps he can be a hero and save Sharon.

Adam Wilson doesn’t seem like Hope’s son.  He doesn’t seem like a Harvard graduate.  He only seems like a mess. They really should leave him in jail for a few years and resurrect him when they can come up with a believable storyline.

Daniel Romalotti, Jr. has no current storyline other than being a starving artist.  How long are we going to wait for him to paint a single thing he can sell?  I found him to be much more realistic and interesting when working at Restless Style.

There is one more character who has benefited by the demise of Brad Carlton, and that is Colleen Carlton.  It has been a pleasure watching Colleen, portrayed by actress Tammin Sursok, taking her father’s Newman board seat in direct opposition to the great Victor Newman.  Colleen butting heads with Victor is a stroke of genius, and I can’t wait to see her in action!  It’s a refreshing change from her former bed-hopping role which had her on the same level as sleazeball Jeff Bardwell.

Yet again, I contend that Brad could have assigned Colleen his proxy and placed her on the Newman Board.  I doubt he needed to die.

Brad was in prime position to win back Ashley and Abby, place his daughter, Colleen, on the Newman Board, and have his whole family aligned against Victor.  His choosing Ashley would also have contributed to Sharon’s breakdown.  When Brad drowned, we lost an important piece of our Genoa City family, and Y&R lost another great story.  Rest in peace, Brad.

Feel free to post your reactions to "Comments From The Peanut Gallery" on our message board.  This column does not reflect the creative views of Y&R, Sony-Television, or CBS-Television and is written strictly as seen through the eyes of our guest columnist.  Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. ©
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:52:40 pm by Lynn1 » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum