imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 19, 2024, 05:27:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Darn commercials

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darn commercials  (Read 521 times)
CFOXWELL101

« on: March 14, 2009, 11:23:14 pm »

I can not stand that Oxi Clean commercial to save me.  That guy drives me nuts with his over excited BS and the cheesy grin he has on his face.  I have to admit though Oxi Clean is pretty good for cleaning though.  I also can not stand the Sham Wow guy, he looks like Popeye with his funky self. 

What other commercials get on your last nerve?

Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Connie

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:21:09 am »

I don't recognize either of the commercials you mentioned.  They must not air in my part of the world. 

Lately I'm annoyed by the McDonald's commercial about the Filet O Fish.  It was marketing genious though--long after the commercial is done playing, I'm still singing the jingle "Give me back that filet o fish..give me that fish!" ....and I'm wanting to eat a filet o fish.
Report Spam   Logged

Connie
Rose

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:37 am »

What in the world is boost mobile thinking?  They have a commercial with a couple on a tandem bike, and the woman's underarm hair is several feet long and blowing in the guy's face.  Apparently other company's pricing is as sick and wrong as the underarm hair, so people will buy from them.  I don't think so.  I feel like throwing something at the tv when I see that commercial.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 02:58:37 pm »

I have not seen the boost mobile commercial, sounds yucky. 
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 03:57:57 pm »

I've seen that underarm hair one, and it grosses me out every time!  I didn't even know what the heck they were advertising. 

BTW, what is Sham Wow?  I saw a sign at Walgreen advertising it for $19.99 today, wondered what the heck it was, forgot about it while running errands, then remembered that I don't know what it is when I read this thread.  LOL!
Report Spam   Logged
marguerite

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 05:51:15 pm »

I can not stand that commercial for swiffer wet jet.
 The broom and the mop are sad that she is using the swiffer, so there are flowers being left for her (from them) and a singing mariachi band singing "baby come back"
Drives me nuts.

Oh yeah, I know that oxy clean guy and sham wow thing too. <irritating>
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 07:02:57 pm »

Hard to believe how far some commercial/companies will go.  Some of them are right down weird.
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
moll_landry

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:54:33 pm »

Sham Wow is drying towels. They are super absorbant. In the commercial, the guy who speaks thru his nose, which really annoys me, spills cola on a carpet, I think it's an entire 2 liter. He then picks it up and it's dripping cola. He puts it down, and puts the sham wow on top of the carpet, doesn't even press down, and he rings out the rag, and it looks like it
s pretty much half of the bottle. He puts the cloth down, punches it a couple times, and the rest of the cola comes out. The carpet is dry and clean. It's quite annoying.

Deanna
Report Spam   Logged
Lynn1
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:52:14 pm »

Thanks for filling me in, Deanna!
Report Spam   Logged
ccrews37

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 12:13:39 pm »

What in the world is boost mobile thinking?  They have a commercial with a couple on a tandem bike, and the woman's underarm hair is several feet long and blowing in the guy's face.  Apparently other company's pricing is as sick and wrong as the underarm hair, so people will buy from them.  I don't think so.  I feel like throwing something at the tv when I see that commercial.   Angry

Same thoughts...it's just gross!
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 08:35:09 pm »

I saw some commercial the other night where the racing guy is holding up his arms celebrating his win, and the announcer rubs her microphone under the guys arm and smells it like it is wonderful.  OMG!  I assume it was a deodorant commercial, but who knows?! 
Report Spam   Logged
Rose

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 08:36:27 pm »

And one more thing about commercials!  Every once in a while Mr. Rose and I watch a commercial and then look at each other and say, "What was that commercial for?"  We don't even know what they are selling!!! 
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:49 pm »

You and Mr. Rose are right, they do sometimes stray off the path. 
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Rose

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 10:19:08 pm »

If we can't figure out what they are selling now, I hate to think how it will be when we are really old!!! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
CFOXWELL101

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:56:18 pm »

Yep, we will be eating the hemorrhoid cream and rubbing butter on our buns  LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Charlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum