imgbox
Follow @ColonnadeLynn
The Colonnade Room
April 19, 2024, 06:12:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Comments From The Peanut Gallery (October 2013 Opinion Column)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments From The Peanut Gallery (October 2013 Opinion Column)  (Read 1161 times)
Lynn1
Administrator

« on: October 22, 2013, 10:10:43 pm »

Comments From The Peanut Gallery

(October 2013)

Thank you to Rose... this month's guest columnist!

Letter to Y&R

October 22, 2013

Dear Executives and Writers at Y&R,

I’ve been a loyal fan of Y&R for many years; some may even say I’m “over-the-top” when it comes to Y&R.  I drink my morning coffee out of a Crimson Lights mug.  I have a Y&R Christmas ornament on my tree.  I’ve been to CBS studios in LA where I watched Y&R being filmed and met many of the actors.  I’ve paid an exorbitant price to meet Michael Baldwin (Christian Le Blanc) at an Affair of the Heart Valentine Luncheon in Eugene.  I’ve truly loved Y&R, but two weeks ago my love affair with Y&R ended.  My TV and recorder are turned off.

What are you people thinking?  Why do you think your fans want to watch endless gloom and doom, death and grieving?  If I wanted to watch heartbreaking scenes, I could turn on the evening news.

I object to children being killed off on Y&R.  Why didn’t you just send Delia to boarding school like you did her mother?  Didn’t you learn anything from Cassie being killed off?  We want to see the children of Genoa City growing into their teen years where they will be beautiful, daring and restless.

I object to precious babies having eye diseases.  One scene of Adam holding that baby gladdens us for the whole day.  Why ruin it?

And speaking of Adam, many of us are darned tired of your endless “the world hates Adam” storyline.  We want to see his magnificent smile.  We want to see his magical love scenes like the winter wedding with Sharon and their fantastic weekend at Oak Alley.

Love, passion, beautiful clothing, parties, mystery, adventure, these things are not part of our every-day life.  We’ve loved seeing them on Y&R and hope to see more.

To the few children left in Genoa City like Faith and Conner, I can only say, “RUN!  HIDE!  Go to boarding school before the ignorant writers of Y&R kill you off, too."

Sincerely,
                            Rose

Feel free to post your reactions to "Comments From The Peanut Gallery" on our message board.  This column does not reflect the creative views of Y&R, Sony-Television, or CBS-Television and is written strictly as seen through the eyes of our guest columnist.  Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013. ©
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:19:30 pm by Lynn1 » Report Spam   Logged
DebbieMartin48

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:32:21 pm »

Well said Rose I couldn't agree more Wink
Report Spam   Logged
soapoperafan_5

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:21:00 am »

ITA. This is totally unacceptable.

Cry
Report Spam   Logged
FeistyRedhead

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:04 am »

Well said!! 

I started watching Y&R about five years ago after seeing Days of Our Lives destroyed by bad writing. I spent 25 yrs watching Days and some hack writers came in and ruined my beloved show. I turned to Y&R because I had always heard how superior the writing on it was. When Jeanne Cooper died and they used Katherine's funeral as the backdrop for Paul and Christine's wedding I knew it was time to stop watching. When I read they were going to kill of Delia I knew I done for good. Once again bad writers have ruined a much loved show. I deleted it off my DVR and truth be told I don't even miss it. Sad, but true.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:40:17 am by FeistyRedhead » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum